torsdag 22. oktober 2009

Our shocking day in the slum of Ghana


Around 70 per cent of Ghana’s urban residents live in slum conditions, SEVENTY PER CENT! It's unbelievable, and you don't understand how serious the problems in the slum are, before you see it yourself. The people in the slums have to fight to survive everyday! Everyday is a struggle, and when they go to bed alive it means they've just crossed the finish line. But next day, they have to start over again. Just think of how lucky we are, we can go home, eat, take a shower and go to a warm and comfy bed. We can take a break from it all. They can't. People die in the slum everyday, some people in the slum can kill for something we would call a piece of trash. Just a small bite of sheet metal is a good start to build a "house". And they can kill for a small bite of sheet metal.. When you go there, you want to take the people and the children back home.. You want to feed them, clean them, give them clothes and teach them things. But you can't, you can't save the world.. But you can help someone.. Now, when I'm writing this, I have so many impressions, and I just don't know what to do with them. I have learned something today, a lot actually.. Don't take anything for granted, and know how lucky you are! Well, I'm tired, sad and angry.. The world is so unfair. And I don't know how to explain my thoughts.. So, next time I will bring some happy thoughts from lovely Ghana, I hope..





See you soon! - Lone

"A poor man with nothing in his belly needs hope, illusion, more than bread."
- Georges Bernanos

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar